1112 is a puzzle adventure game developed by Agharta studio for the iPhone. You can also play it on an iPod Touch if you have one. You can find more information about the game at www.1112game.com.
Since I couldn’t find any guides to the game online and it didn’t come with instructions, I decided to write down both a basic controls manual and a walkthrough so if you have the game and are getting frustrated with it, hope this helps.
1112 is the first puzzle adventure game I ever found on the iPhone. It’s far from perfect but it’s a good start so instead of tearing the game to pieces, I’d like to help people figure out how to play it so the developers can perhaps improve it and bring us more episodes.
Since the game doesn’t come with a user guide, it’s a little hard to figure out how to do the most basic things in it, much less figure out how to solve the puzzles. I thought that maybe, if there were a basic controls guide, one would be able to figure out the puzzles without reading any spoilers so here goes.
If you’ve been playing the game and can’t figure something out, please post your question here and I’ll try to update the guide. Please do not post any spoilers here. I will delete them!
- To move from one room to another, open a door. If there are no visible doors, tap on the Compass icon (second from the top) to bring up the floorplan or streetmap. From there, you can double tap on any discovered room to go there.
- To see things up close, use your thumb and forefinger to magnify the picture.
- To use something in your inventory, tap on the Folder icon, tap the item, then tap the hand icon. Now drag the item to the person or object you want to use it on.
- When talking to someone, tap on any green text you see. That lets you talk to that person further about the topic.
- If twirling a dial around with one finger doesn’t work, try using two fingers.
- When examining an object in inventory, you can rotate it to look at the bottom or inside it.
- To call someone on your iClone, just turn your iPhone to portrait (upright) position. That brings up the phone interface.
I just started playing the game 1112 for the iPhone so I’ll be updating this as I get through it. Once I’m done, I’ll write up a hint guide but for now, this will have all the details in it.
WARNING: SPOILERS!!! Do not read further unless you want to see them.
Getting Out Of Bed
- The first thing you need to do is turn off the alarm. The text will tell you that the button is broken so you need to “shake it”. Literally. Shake. Your iPhone.
- Talk to Anna and go through all the conversation topics. Touch any green text that appears to obtain additional topics.
Taking Your Pills
- The convo should reveal that you need your pills badly and have them stashed in a a hidden safe in the bedroom. Well, it’s behind the middle painting, but you can’t open it right now since you don’t have the combination.
- Open the door. This takes you to the Corridor, which you can explore if you want to but you don’t have to right now.
- Open the door to the Bathroom - it’s the one right next to your bedroom door.
- Turn on the tap to steam up the mirror and then admire yourself. This reveals the safe combination.
- Tap on the second icon on the right to bring up the floor map and then double tap on the Bedroom. This is the ONLY way to get out of the bathroom.
- Move the middle painting to reveal the safe.
- You will need to use two fingers to turn the safe dial. In case you forgot (or didn’t understand the code), turn the dial counterclockwise to 20, clockwise to 80, then counter again to 30. Voila!
- Take the pills from the safe.
- Tap on the folder icon, then tap the magnifier icon to look at the bottle closely. Rotate it with your fingers until you can see the pills inside, then tap on them to take them. Ahh that’s better.
Fixing the Boiler
- As soon as you walk out into the Corridor, Anna yells for help. She’s in the Bathroom so go see what the problem is.
- Having established that the water is cold and you need to fix the boiler, go out into the hallway and open the door at the end to get to the Lounge.
- Open the door on the right to get to the Kitchen.
- Open the door on the right to get to the Hall.
- And finally, open the door on the right(next to the stairs) to get into the Restroom.
- A quick examination of the boiler will tell you you need some sort of code to get it going.
- You can go back into the bathroom to talk to Anna for some clues…
- Or you can head straight to the Kitchen, open up the cupboard above the fridge and take the notice out.
- On the front is a temperature setting (42 degrees).
- Use your thumb and forefinger to rotate the notice. At the back is an illustration.
- Set the boiler temperature to 42 and then set the switches to the drawing. Surely I don’t have to spell it out?
- There are matches on a shelf in the Restroom. Use them to turn on the boiler.
I completed the rest of Episode One without too much trouble since by this time, I had kinda figured out the controls. If you’re having trouble figuring out how to use things, check out my guide on the 1112 Basic Controls.
If you’re still stuck on something, leave a comment here or on the forums and I’ll post the spoiler.