My Sims DS: Guide to the Stars
I started this guide because I couldn’t find much info on the internet about My Sims DS so I thought my notes would help others get past their stuck points. I’ve tried to limit it to a summary as much as possible so as not to spoil the game for those who like surprises. If you are stuck on something and don’t quite know how to get past it, please DO NOT send me an email but post your question on this thread and I’m pretty sure others will gladly help you.
I’d like to thank those who have been really helpful to others in the past. Please continue to post your hints and tips… they are much appreciated!
NOTE: If you are looking for a walkthrough for My Sims Kingdom (DS), click here.
- Find Tim and convince him to return home
- Make a sad Tyler (the tailor) happy
- Make an angry Ewan (the cop) happy (spoiler: tears work)
- Plant flowers for Ashley (the florist)
STAR LEVEL 1: Your activities have helped clean up the town a bit and the Sims in town seem happier! Keep up the good work.
- You have to find the first tourist and get him/her in a good mood. Some events won’t be triggered if you don’t do this.
- Talk to Ashley (the florist) in her shop in the morning.
- Rescue Olivia from … herself.
- Talk to Joseph (the fisherman) and get him in the mood to introduce himself.
- Meet Sophie the furniture maker.
- If you still have time, talk to Tim until he gives you a racquetball racquet. Play at least one game of racquetball and then talk to Tim again. If you run out of time, you can do this in the afternoon, too.
- In the afternoon, return to Ashley and start making leis.
- Return to Joseph and get him in the mood to remember your name.
- Talk to Ewan the cop and take a picture of the Symbol Tree for him.
- Visit Tyler the tailor at his shop.
- In the evening, return to Joseph in the evening and get him in the mood to give you a fishing rod.
STAR LEVEL 2: A few stores have opened up and the town is picking up. The mayor is thinking of ways to improve the town’s transportation system.
- Meet Charlie the baker. (If you buy 5 cakes from him, he will start passing along useful info about the other residents every time you buy something.)
- Meet Marie the highlands ranger and help her decorate the highlands.
- Play racquetball five times and Tim will introduce a new game (Target 1).
- Help Sophie name her store.
- Return to Marie the ranger in the morning and test drive her paraglider. NOTE: Looks like you don’t have a choice but to wait until the next morning to do this, so work on making money before then because you will need it after you get your third star.
STAR LEVEL 3: All the stores in the town are open for business and everyone is eager to work. Sims from the lively town on the outlying island are coming to the mayor’s town.
- Meet Foster the forest ranger and help improve the forest area. You need to use all the five decoration options in order to get points here.
- Buy at least 5 pieces of furniture from Sophie to trigger her shop’s advancement.
- Meet Nicki the boat operator and take the boat to the Entertainment area.
- Meet Elizabeth and buy her pet house, if you have the money. Note that you don’t have to buy the house to get the points but hey, what self respecting Sim doesn’t want a mansion, especially if it’s a bargain?
- Help Marie the ranger improve the highlands area some more.
- Play the Target 1 racquetball game until Tim opens up the Target 2 game.
- Make 5 small leis and Ashley will ask you to start making regular leis.
- Make 5 regular leis and Ashley will ask you to start making large leis.
- Visit Sophie the next day and buy her new furniture. I believe the magic number is 5.
- Visit Sophie again the next day and she will ask you to make a design for your furniture.
STAR LEVEL 4: The boat can be taken to the Entertainment Area and more new places are opening up. The only place still closed is the mountain…
- Meet Tracy the mountain ranger and dig up stuff for her around the cabin.
- Keep digging for ore until you get enough points to exchange for a statue head and body.
- Take the statue parts to the mayor.
- Return to Tracy the next day and test out the paraglider for her.
- On your way to Tracy’s, stop and talk to Foster. He will ask you to make animal feed and whether you do or not, you don’t get any points but you need to talk to him to trigger the next (Foster) event.
- On the next time segment, return to Foster and he will ask you to help him with the forest for the last time.
- Help Marie improve the highlands for the third and last time.
- If you still need more points, find ways to make money and buy that house from Elizabeth.
STAR LEVEL 5: All areas are now accessible and the town is almost fully developed. There are some sims interested in taking up a new sport!
At this point, you will stop earning stars. But there are still new areas to discover, new sims to meet, and events I haven’t even mentioned in this guide. If you need more help, just send me an email (trinity @ female-gamer.com) or leave a comment here.